MI248: Inflation is Here to Stay w/ Tavi Costa
Manage episode 352305082 series 2539397
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:34 - Why Tavi thinks the era of easy money is over and value investing is coming back.
02:34 - Why Tavi thinks we are entering an inflationary decade and the four pillars of inflation driving this thesis.
12:15 - His thoughts on the energy sector and if it will continue to have a third strong year?
12:15 - The composition of his portfolio, including his long positions and which parts of the market he has short positions on right now.
27:49 - Why Tavi believes we are in a new commodity bull cycle.
42:31 - His thoughts and outlook on the mining, energy, uranium, and agricultural sectors.
42:31 - The reasons behind why Tavi is most bullish on the mining sector.
42:20 - His thoughts on the Uranium sector.
39:33 - His checklist for finding great investments in the mining sector.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Check out: Crescat Capital.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI162: Is Now the Time to Own Gold? w/ Tavi Costa, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Get personalized, expert advice that helps you see things clearly with ATB.
- Save time and money on your rental property insurance with Steadily. Get a commitment-free quote today.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Thanks to rising interest rates artificially driving down the prices of even the best assets, Fundrise expects 2023 to be one of the most opportune real estate investing environments of the last decade. Take advantage of this unique investing environment.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Connect with Tavi: Twitter | LinkedIn
Connect with Rebecca: Twitter | Instagram
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!