Manage episode 360968834 series 2539397
Rebecca Hotsko interviews Jason Kirby about his experience with start-ups, the challenges he faced and overcame, and the changing landscape of the industry. They also discuss current trends and opportunities in the field, and much more!
Jason Kirby is the Cofounder & CEO of Thunder.vc, a tech-enabled investment bank democratizing access to capital for venture backable startups. He also has vast experience in the start up work and was an executive leader of 4 different startups that have been acquired/sold as well as is an angel investor in early stage tech startup companies.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro.
02:09 - Jason’s experience working for different start up companies.
02:31- How Jason successfully exited from some of his startups, including the story of how LiquidSky Software got acquired by Walmart?
05:09 - The challenges Jason faced when building these startups and how they overcame various obstacles.
26:59 - Why Jason transitioned to be an angel investor in early stage startup companies?
31:50 - What his investment process is like from sourcing deals, to conducting due diligence, to making investment decisions?
40:48 - Is angel investing right for you?
49:52 - How the startup landscape has changed over time?
52:14 - What are the biggest trends and opportunities shaping the industry today?
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Kyle and the other community members.
- Check out: JasonKirby.com.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI230: Buffett Indicator Says Market Is Overvalued w/ Lance Roberts. or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Kyle’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors:
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!