Manage episode 361291942 series 2539397
Clay Finck and Joe Brown discuss inflation, the primary drivers of high inflation, how investors can best protect themselves, and more. Joe is the founder of Heresy Financial and is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to inflation.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:45 - What inflation is, and why it exists in our modern day economy.
29:43 - How investors can best protect themselves against inflation.
43:37 - Who the ‘winners’ and ‘losers’ are in an inflationary system.
45:45 - Whether stocks are a good inflation hedge or not.
53:21 - The unintended consequences of price controls in an economy.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Kyle and the other community members.
- Check out Joe’s website.
- Check out Joe’s YouTube channel.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI132: Weathering Inflation With Commodities w/ Tony Greer, or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to WSB404: The Untold History of Money w/ Joe Brown, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Kyle’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors:
Connect with Clay: Twitter
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!