Manage episode 361877655 series 1394353
On today’s episode, Clay wraps up his review of Gautam Baid’s book, The Joys of Compounding. Today’s episode is part 5 and the final episode of our review of this incredible book. This episode is jam packed with investing wisdom that you won’t want to miss.
Gautam Baid is the Managing Partner and Fund Manager of Stellar Wealth Partners India Fund, a Delaware-based investment partnership which is available to accredited investors in the US. The fund is modeled after the Buffett Partnership fee structure and invests in listed Indian equities with a long-term, fundamental, and value-oriented approach.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro.
03:02 - Why we should read more history and study fewer forecasts.
12:05 - Why “Don’t Fight the Fed” is a misguided investment strategy.
22:15 - Why the ability to change our mind as investors is more critical now than ever before.
28:37 - What base rates are and why Buffett loves companies with high base rates.
32:32 - Gautam’s wisdom related to opportunity costs.
39:11 - How Nick Sleep, Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett have become masters of pattern recognition and better investors because of it.
56:34 - Why value investors should generally avoid stop loss orders on long-term secular winners.
62:48 - What the real secret is to utilizing the power of compounding.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Stig, Clay, and the other community members.
- Check out the book, The Joys of Compounding.
- Tune into our previous episodes covering The Joys of Compounding: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, & Part 4 or watch the videos here, here , here and here.
- Check out our recent episode covering Mark Leonard's Letter's and Constellation Software. Watch the video here.
- Check out Clay’s YouTube video calculating the intrinsic value of Constellation Software here.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: