Manage episode 363129779 series 2539397
Clay chats with Derrick Kinney about what led Derrick to selling his financial planning business to start Good Money Framework.
Derrick’s mission is to change the way people feel about money. He sold his multimillion dollar business to start teaching others what has helped him become successful building his own financial planning company as CEO of Good Money Framework and hosted the popular or Good Money Podcast.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:53 - What led Derrick to selling his financial planning business to start Good Money Framework.
04:55 - The tool that Derrick found that businesses can use to drastically differentiate themselves from their competitors.
24:41 - The 3 good money levers outlined in Derrick’s book, Good Money Revolution.
31:37 - Actionable methods in which you can start increasing your income.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Get 5 free chapters of Derrick’s new book, Good Money Revolution.
- Check out Derrick’s book.
- Related episode: Listen to MI080: To Be A Successful Investor, You Need A Budget W/ Jesse Mecham, or watch the video.
- Related episode: Listen to MI131: Richer, Wiser, Happier w/ William Green, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Instead of trying to time the market or pick single stocks, automate your investments and invest in a variety of companies with Betterment.
- What does happen when money and big feelings mix? Tune in to find out on the new podcast, Open Money, presented by Servus Credit Union.
- Apply for the Employee Retention Credit easily, no matter how busy you are, with Innovation Refunds.
- Enjoy soft, stretchy bottoms that last forever with birddogs. Use promo code INVESTING and get a free Yeti-style tumbler with every order.
- Partner with a specialized agency focused on making insurance as easy as possible for real estate investors. Take advantage of monthly reporting, monthly billing, and coverage for all phases of occupancy with National Real Estate Insurance Group.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Connect with Clay: Twitter