Manage episode 363351963 series 2539397
Patrick Donley sits down with Marissa Solis to talk about her incredible real estate career. They discuss what it was like growing up in a family of successful entrepreneurs in Mexico, what it was like moving to the U.S. at 19, how she got started in real estate and moved on to building a thriving flipping business, how she handled the 2008 Great Financial Crisis, and what her plans are for her company in the next decade.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
05:32 - How she learned the flipping business by growing up in the cattle business.
09:00 - What it was like moving to the U.S. at 19 years old.
09:59 - How she got her start as a real estate agent by selling her own condo.
19:57 - What the lessons Marissa learned coming from a family of successful entrepreneurs.
26:11 - How her company has become a leader in Northeast Los Angeles.
27:57 - How she came back after losing everything in the 2008 Great Financial Crisis.
40:20 - Why building relationships is the key to any venture.
41:55 - What advice she would give to other women in the real estate industry.
49:02 - Why she got into the flipping business.
50:36 - Why she chooses to underpromise and overdeliver.
52:58 - How she plans to grow the company over the next decade.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Kyle and the other community members.
- Marissa’s Interview at Re-convene.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Kyle’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: