Manage episode 360422486 series 1394353
James Lavish comes with decades of experience as a fixed income investor, and overall Bitcoin educator. On today’s show, Preston talks to James about how the evolving macro environment doesn’t seem to be hampering the price of Bitcoin, despite the numerous liquidity and central banking actions plugging the global economy.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:16 - What are the most important things to be focusing on in the second quarter of 2023?
02:56 - What James thinks about the disparity between the US and European credit markets right now.
18:04 - James' thoughts on the BTFP.
37:14 - How Bitcoin performs for the rest of this year.
37:38 - Could Bitcoin have a sell-off like we saw in March of 2020 with what might be brewing right now?
45:31 - Portfolio construction for Boomers.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- James' Twitter.
- James' Bitcoin Opportunity fund.
- James' Newsletter.
- Related Episode: Listen to BTC110: Japanese Credit Markets, Bitcoin, & Nostr w/ James Lavish, or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to BTC093: The Debt Spiral Defined w/ James Lavish, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Invest in Bitcoin with confidence on River. It's the most secure way to buy Bitcoin with 100% full reserve custody and zero fees on recurring orders.
- If you’re aware you need to improve your bitcoin security but have been putting it off, Unchained Capital's Concierge Onboarding is a simple way to get started—sooner rather than later. Book your onboarding today and at checkout, get $50 off with the promo code FUNDAMENTALS.
- Get the professional support you need to prepare for your future career with UBC Sauder School of Business.
- Make connections, gain knowledge, and uplift your governance CV by becoming a member of the AICD today.
- Easily diversify beyond stocks and bonds, and build wealth through streamlined CRE investing with EquityMultiple.
- Send, spend, and receive money around the world easily with Wise.
- What does happen when money and big feelings mix? Tune in to find out on the new podcast, Open Money, presented by Servus Credit Union.
- Apply for the Employee Retention Credit easily, no matter how busy you are, with Innovation Refunds.
- Have Commonwealth Private's Private Bankers take the time to understand your goals and tailor solutions that create less for you to do and more for you to enjoy.
- If you're into marketing podcasts that walk through how successful entrepreneurs, politicians, and influencers have convinced and persuaded people, then you should give Nudge, hosted by Phil Agnew, a listen!
- Get an overall better student loan experience with College Ave. Plus, get a chance to win a $1,000 college scholarship. No purchase is required.
- Hire expert marketers, on-demand, with MarketerHire. Listeners get a $1,000 credit for first-time customers when you use code WSB.
- Discover the leading community for engaged investors, and the best source of investment analysis and opinion with Seeking Alpha. Listeners get a special deal: Alpha Picks for $99 + 1 month of FREE Seeking Alpha Premium!
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.