Manage episode 298380652 series 2886859
Hello, wonderful Coven! This week we’re bringing you a discussion of We Free the Stars by Hafsah Faizal, the second and final (maybe?) book in the Sands of Arawiya series (Check out episode 32, where we discuss the first book, We Hunt the Flame). We had a great time reading this one, and we will read anything Hafsah writes in the future (really looking forward to her new upcoming book, Tempest of Tea).
Stay magical, friends!
Content warning for discussions of child abuse at 49 minutes – 51:14
- We still have a survey going on, and we’d really appreciate if you took it! We’ve already implemented some of your suggestions, so we’d love to know what else you’re looking for in the show!
- Recommend if you like…
- J is struggling through some of the pronunciations in this episodes… I am so sorry!
- The book J was reading that took place in a bookshop was The Bookshop of Second Chances by by Jackie Fraser (it was a pretty fun work place-esqe romance)
- “After the War: The Librarian; Books Spirited to Safety Before Iraq Library Fire,” NYT
- Hafsah’s tweet/instagram post about about Middle Eastern and North African rep in this series
- We Hunt the Flame is being developed into a TV series!!!!
Access complete show notes on our website, thelibrarycoven.com.
We really appreciate ratings and reviews on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or any other platforms. Help us share the magic by spreading the word about the podcast!
Please support our labor by leaving us a one-time tip on Ko-fi or purchasing books from our Bookshop! Even better yet, become a monthly patron via Patreon and you can unlock a bunch of exclusive perks like access to our community of reader-listeners on Discord.
The Library Coven is recorded and produced on stolen indigenous land: Arapahoe, Cheyenne, and Ute (Kelly) and Chickasha, Kaskaskia, Kickapoo, Mascoutin, Miami, Mesquaki, Odawa, Ojibwe, Peankashaw, Peoria, Potawatomi, Sauk, and Wea (Jessie)