Manage episode 299639226 series 2886859
Hello, beautiful ones! This fortnight we’re discussing Vicious Spirits by Kat Cho, the second book in the Gumiho series. Join us to find out how Somin, Junu, Miyoung and Jihoon deal with grief and magical/inter-dimensional disruption. There’s romance. There’s banter. What’s not to love?
Check out Episode 40 for our discussion of Wicked Fox (Gumiho #1)
Stay magical, bbs!
- We still have a survey going on, and we’d really appreciate if you took it! We’ve already implemented some of your suggestions, so we’d love to know what else you’re looking for in the show!
- Recommend if you like…
- Since recording, Kelly has listened to the Revolutionary Left Radio episode about the Korean Peninsula and its past/present. Can confirm: its recommendable. Go forth and learn some stuff!
- Kim’s Convenience (available on Netflix). Since the release of the 5th season, there’s been a lot of revelations about racism, an almost all-white writers room, and poor pay for actors.
- The “Goblin” K-drama that Kelly mentions is alternatively translated as Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (쓸쓸하고 찬란하神 – 도깨비)
- Kat Cho has done a pronunciation video for us (there’s also one for Wicked Fox). Not to mention there’s also a glossary and notes included in the book. #Blessed
- Fringe (TV show). Did anyone else watch this?!
- Loki show
- The “knowing it when you see it” originally comes from a 1964 court case about pornography (you can read the deets here)
Access complete show notes on our website, thelibrarycoven.com.
We really appreciate ratings and reviews on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or any other platforms. Help us share the magic by spreading the word about the podcast!
Please support our labor by leaving us a one-time tip on Ko-fi or purchasing books from our Bookshop! Even better yet, become a monthly patron via Patreon and you can unlock a bunch of exclusive perks like access to our community of reader-listeners on Discord.
The Library Coven is recorded and produced on stolen indigenous land: Arapahoe, Cheyenne, and Ute (Kelly) and Chickasha, Kaskaskia, Kickapoo, Mascoutin, Miami, Mesquaki, Odawa, Ojibwe, Peankashaw, Peoria, Potawatomi, Sauk, and Wea (Jessie)