Leanne Bird - SUP Yoga Master Trainer, SUP Fitness Tips, Magical River Teifi + Peanut Butter + Banana sandwiches
Manage episode 324451454 series 3334817
I am so thrilled to welcome Leanne Bird to The Joy of SUP Podcast.
As Founder of Leanne Bird Wellbeing & Adventure, Leanne’s mission is to support and inspire people to live happier and healthier lives, for the long term. Through her wellbeing services & adventure experiences, she is passionate about empowering people to discover themselves and ultimately, discover their freedom.
A qualified SUP instructor, surf coach, personal trainer and yoga instructor, Leanne brings together a broad breadth of knowledge and skills to provide well structured, tailored programmes for groups and individuals. Reaching a level to train instructors in SUP Yoga, SUP Fitness and 200hr Yoga Teacher training has really enhanced her skill set to deliver.
As a trained ecologist, Leanne has a deep connection with nature and brings the earth, air and water into her work wherever she can. Drawn to the ocean, the desire to combine body movement, breath and water was the spark that started Leanne on this journey many years ago.
So, whether she just plants a seed that sets you on the right path or ends up supporting you to become who you want to be; Leanne looks forward to being some part of your amazing journey.
In this episode we talk about:
- Growing up in South Africa
- Being a water baby and swimming in her Grandmother's swimming pool
- Working as an ecologist
- The magic of the River Teifi and Cardigan coast
- Being a Personal Trainer
- Becoming a Yoga teacher and then a Master Yoga Trainer with ASI
- The healing power of surfing learning in 2012
- The spiritual side of surfing and what it means to her
- Paddleboarding as a fitness tool
- SUP fitness tips - squats, dead bugs and press ups
- What we can do to make us stronger paddlers
- Peanut butter sandwiches
- Scottish trips ahead and plans for paddling in Switzerland
- Specialist training for paddling on the sea and why it is important
- Why going with a coastal guide is a great idea!
- Why it is important to have a qualified SUP yoga teacher
- What SUP yoga can do for us
- The new wellbeing community she is creating for paddleboarders and surfers - Blue Freedom!
You can find Leanne here:
Facebook: Leanne Bird Wellbeing & Adventure
Facebook: Blue Freedom
I hope you enjoyed meeting Leanne! I would love to hear your thoughts.
Thank you so much to Bluefin SUP for sponsoring Season 3 of the podcast.
Any questions, please get in touch email@example.com.
Follow #thejoyofsuppodcast on Twitter and Instagram
Facebook The Joy of SUP Podcast
It would be great if you could also rate and review us on Apple as it will help more people find our paddleboarding SUP sunshine!
Wishing you sunshine, thank you for listening, Jo x
Please always put safety first + get the right advice for your training + body.