Manage episode 360279196 series 2539397
Patrick Donley sits down with Nick Hill and Dan Foch from The Canadian Real Estate Investor podcast to discuss how they got their start in real estate, how their partnership developed, what’s happening in the Canadian real estate markets, what they see unfolding in the coming years and how to profit, and why it’s important to understand where we are in the debt and market cycles.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:27 - How both Nick and Dan got their start in real estate.
06:05 - Why their podcast is more data driven.
12:50 - What information we need to be gathering as investors.
14:48 - How their partnership developed.
14:48 - What their current portfolio strategy looks like.
28:30 - Who their real estate heroes are.
29:57 - What trends do they see unfolding in the coming years and how to take advantage of them?
30:02 - What’s unfolding in the Canadian real estate markets.
34:13 - Why it’s important to understand where we are in The Fourth Turning.
36:56 - How the current macro environment is affecting their strategies.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Robert’s book The Everything Guide to House Hacking.
- Hillybilly Elegy by J.D. Vance.
- The Canadian Real Estate Investor Podcast.
- Zeckendorf by William Zeckendorf.
- Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner.
- The Fourth Turning by William Strauss and Neil Howe.
- How the Economic Machine Works by Ray Dalio.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
- Richer, Wiser, Happier by William Green.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Real Estate 101 Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Keep up with the latest news and strategies on real estate investing with the best real estate podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- What does happen when money and big feelings mix? Tune in to find out on the new podcast, Open Money, presented by Servus Credit Union.
- Instead of trying to time the market or pick single stocks, automate your investments and invest in a variety of companies with Betterment.
- Get the professional support you need to prepare for your future career with UBC Sauder School of Business.
- Apply for the Employee Retention Credit easily, no matter how busy you are, with Innovation Refunds.
- Partner with a specialized agency focused on making insurance as easy as possible for real estate investors. Take advantage of monthly reporting, monthly billing, and coverage for all phases of occupancy with National Real Estate Insurance Group.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.