Manage episode 364756308 series 1394353
Anil Patel talks about his new book, The Bitcoin Handbook. There are many different fields of study Bitcoin touches that it can be difficult for people to grasp all the complexity in harmonizing concepts that are happening on this protocol. In this interview, Anil went on an intellectual journey simplifying and stitching it all together.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:15 - What was Anil trying to accomplish with the book?
06:59 - Of all the mental models and paradoxes mentioned in the book, what does Anil find the most profound?
12:22 - What is Jevon's Paradox?
23:39 - Network Effects.
29:52 - Reflexivity and how it applies to Bitcoin.
32:56 - Why are the laws of Thermodynamics important?
38:25 - Gall's Law.
43:44 - What is the intransigent minority and why is it important
53:31 - What is something the Bitcoin community could do better?
57:50 - Anil's favorite books.
01:00:09 - Why is it hard to be a Bitcoiner?
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Stig, Clay, and the other community members.
- Anil's Twitter.
- Anil's book, The Bitcoin Handbook.
- How Innovation Works by Matt Ridley.
- Energy and Civilization: A History by Vaclav Smil.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: