Manage episode 372041456 series 2988395
Self-care refers to the intentional activities and practices that individuals engage in to nurture their physical, mental, and emotional health. Joining us today to help us understand the importance of self-care is Psychologist and Human Resources Consultant at Invictus Psychology and Consulting, Zuraida Dada. Zuraida is a seasoned psychologist specializing in adult individual therapy. She is known for her ability to create a warm, safe environment and provide empathetic, solution-focused care. Her main objective is to aid clients in reconnecting with themselves, strengthening their resilience, and enhancing their coping strategies. In our conversation, we uncover the importance of self-care through the lens of her personal and professional experiences. We unpack the negative stigmas of mental health, the value of psychoeducation, her positive psychology approach, and the causes of mental health issues. We also talk about safe places and the role of supervisors in mental health and hear invaluable advice on creating healthy work environments. Tune in now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Zuraida’s experience growing up in Apartheid South Africa.
- What sparked her initial interest in psychology.
- The state of mental health in Canada.
- Common misconceptions and stigmas regarding mental health.
- Zuraida shares her own mental health struggles.
- Separating the condition from the personality.
- Contributing factors to mental health conditions.
- How to create a safe and mentally healthy workplace.
- Advice for supervisors to create a healthy work environment.
- Providing effective support for employees.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: