Manage episode 365407644 series 2988395
Today's guest is Kai Scott, and he is here to share his experience and expertise on the subject of pronouns and inclusive language. Kai is the President and Gender Strategist at TransFocus Consulting and has a great amount of insight into diversity in the workplace, with a focus on guiding thoughtful, respectful, and impactful conversations. In our chat, we get into some of the crucial areas of this discussion, including how to respond and react to mistakes, necessary nuances, creating safer workplaces, and more. Kai also unpacks the roots of TransFocus and a little of his career history and grounding in social science. So if you would like some fresh illumination on this important aspect of diversity and inclusion, how to be a better ally, and the ways in which we can all support change within companies, be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Kai takes us through the personal journey that led him to where he is today.
- An explanation of pronouns and why they are so important.
- Examples of pronoun usage in the workplace.
- Advice for how to approach fruitful conversations regarding gender diversity.
- Thoughtfulness and nuance in conversations.
- Kai talks about how employers can create safer workplaces.
- How to react to the mistakes we all inevitably make and assumptions around damage.
- Where to find Kai online and learn more about TransFocus and their work!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: