Manage episode 356254479 series 52378
In this follow-up interview with molecular biologist Dr. Guy Caldwell we learn more about how the tools of molecular biology are used to unravel questions in neurobiology and provide hope for better treatments for problems like Parkinson's Disease.
Links and References:
- Guy Caldwell, PhD (University of Alabama)
- The Worm Shack
- Mew, M., Caldwell, K. A., & Caldwell, G. A. (2022). From bugs to bedside: functional annotation of human genetic variation for neurological disorders using invertebrate models. Human molecular genetics, 31(R1), R37–R46. https://doi.org/10.1093/hmg/ddac203
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
Announcements: Please take a few minutes to complete this audience survey.
- Dr. Campbell is moving to New Zealand, probably in May 2023.
- Please subscribe or follow Brain Science in your favorite audio app and please share it with others.
- Get free gift "5 Things You Need to Know about YOUR Brain when you sign up for the free Brain ScienceNewsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the Brain Science podcast channel on YouTube
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (Autographed copies are available)
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org