BS 195 Neuroscience of Emotion with David Anderson
Manage episode 326296873 series 52378
This month's episode is an interview with David J Anderson from Cal Tech. We talk about his new book The Nature of the Beast: How Emotions Guide US. We talk about how emotion CAN be studied in animals by using methods that focus on brain states rather than verbal descriptions. Dr. Anderson also explains why this experimental work is essential to developing more effective treatment of mental illnesses.
This episode is a follow up to my discussion of The Neuroscience of Emotion: A New Synthesis by Ralph Adolphs and David J. Anderson in BS 151 (2018)
Links and References:
- The Nature of the Beast: How Emotions Guide US by David J Anderson
- David Anderson,PhD. , California Institute of Technology
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- The Minor Consult podcast at theminorconsult.com
- TextExpander at textexpander.com/brain-science
- Watch Dr. Campbell's induction into the Podcast Hall of Fame on Youtube.
- Please visit brainsciencepodcast.com and let me know what you think of the updated website.
- Get free gift "5 Things You Need to Know about YOUR Brain when you sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (Autographed copies are available)
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
Connect on Social Media:
- Twitter: @docartemis
- Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/brainsciencepodcast
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: email@example.com