Manage episode 365271286 series 2917914
In this episode, Kaz Windness is the author of multiple books for kids, but most recently Bitsy Bat, School Star—a picture book that she hopes will help readers gain a better understanding and compassion for what it's like to be autistic and build more self-acceptance.
Kaz Windness is an author-illustrator who loves to make her readers laugh. When she’s not writing or illustrating books, Kaz teaches illustration at the Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design and enjoys making deep-dish pizza. Kaz lives in Denver, Colorado, with her husband, two children, and a Boston terrier. She’s the author of picture books Swim, Jim! and Bitsy Bat, School Star. She also created the Level 1 Ready-to-Read Graphics Worm and Caterpillar Are Friends and the Level 1 Ready-to-Read Cat vs. Vac.
You can read the transcription on The Children's Book Review.
You can visit Kaz Windness at www.windnessbooks.com.
- The things that guide and drive Kaz Windness in creating books for kids.
- Struggling with learning while being a lover of books and reading.
- Being a neurodivergent author writing a book about a neurodivergent character.
- A look into the creative process of the picture book.
- Playing with the artistic perspective or an autistic bat.
- Inclusivity in the classroom.