Manage episode 281498324 series 2816936
A VERY Happy New Year this week to listeners of Monday Warfare and the WrestleCopia Brand as we relive 2 more weeks of the Monday Night War.
The Battle continues on in December of 1995 as both the WCW and the WWF pillage the Free Agency market in an attempt to block one another from scooping up unsigned talent.
On Nitro, we get a wild angle with the Horsemen crippling “Mr. Wonderful” Paul Orndorff. The Hulkster continues to book himself as Superman. Macho Man defends the WCW Title against The Giant, and newcomer Eddy Guerrero holds his own against the Nature Boy! Plus, the former Alundra Blayze shocks the world when she shows up on Nitro and disposes of the WWF’s Women’s Title in the trash!
Then, over on Raw… It’s the Go-Home show to In Your House 5. The All Japan ladies steal the show again. Ahmed continues to dominate. Double J Returns. Hello Buddy Landel, Goodbye Buddy Landel. IC Champion Razor Ramon defends against Yokozuna! WWF Champion Bret Hart vs. Backlund. Goldust stalks the Bad Guy. And the Shawn Michaels saga continues as he gets candid with Todd Pettingill about potential retirement, and then the infamous “Tell Me A Lie” Music Video.
Follow Us on Twitter @MondayWarfare
Visit our Podcast Network https://wrestlecopia.com
Please Subscribe to Patreon to help keep us going, 14 Tiers to choose from!!! AND BIG NEWS!!! Our All Access Tier is now only $5 for our entire Watch-Along Series as we add shows weekly, including all PPVs from the Monday Night War era. They make great complimentary pieces to this Podcast! Subscribe today and follow along on the ride.
The Battles Within Continue… (00:01:20)
Both the WWF and WCW begin their pillaging of all of the talented Free Agents on the open market as they continue to try and outdo one another. While Eric Bischoff makes a play for Public Enemy and tries to corner the market in Lucha Libre talent, the WWF make a STONE COLD signing of their own, and that’s only the beginning of the new talent headed into the WWF!
WCW Monday Nitro 12/11/95 (00:10:38)
- Eddy Guerrero battles Mr. JL as Bobby Heenan thinks he’s figured out what J.L. stands for.
- Paul Orndorff steals the show when he checks out his own a$$ before entering the ring to take on the Disco Inferno and follows that up with a dancing elbow drop for good measure.
- Lex Luger attempts to rack Hacksaw Duggan
- Crazy Brian Pillman initiates a fight with Paul Orndorff, but when Pillman can’t handle the fight himself, the Horsemen step in to send Mr. Wonderful out on a stretcher
- Hulk Hogan teams with Sting to take on Ric Flair & Arn Anderson in the main event
- Sting decks the Macho Man, but how will Randy Savage respond?
- The Hulkster continues to do himself no favors as he continues to book himself as Superman and the crowd revolts with a “Hogan Sucks” chant!
WWF Monday Night Raw 12/11/95 (00:46:30)
- It’s the Go-Home Show to IYH 5
- Owen Hart battles a teenage Jeff Hardy!
- Aja Kong legit breaks the nose of Chaparita ASARI just in time for the ladies to find out their services are no longer needed. Boy did the WWF drop the ball!
- Ahmed Johnson continues to murder the enhancement talent as he prepares for Dean Douglas at IYH
- Vince McMahon has a word with Sid and the Kid
- WWF Champion Bret Hart battles Mr. Bob Backlund as the British Bulldog lays in wait
- Todd Pettingill mentions the R-word in a sit-down interview with Shawn Michaels and it doesn’t sit well with the Heartbreak Kid
- Plus, Harvey Claus takes a beating!
WCW Monday Nitro 12/18/95 (01:15:51)
- In WCW’s biggest shot since their debut edition, the former Alundra Blayze shows up on Nitro and drops the WWF Ladies Championship in the trash! We discuss the impact it had on us as fans as well as the impact it had on the War.
- Ric Flair has his hands full with newcomer Eddy Guerrero
- Lex Luger meets American Male Marcus Bagwell
- Sting takes on the Earl of Eaton before discussing Starrcade
- Sgt. Craig Pittman begins his search for a manager
- WCW Champion the Macho Man defends against the Giant in a great TV match.
- Plus, the Hulkster’s on probation, but somebody forgot to tell him… BROTHER… As Hulk Hogan closes the show by smashing a steel chair over anyone in his way. Because he wants to be cheered…. Dude.
- Oh, it’s not over yet! The Giant comes back for more and Hogan takes him out a SECOND time with the chair, before returning to the ring to verbally bury his own partner The Macho Man. You can’t make this stuff up!
WWF In Your House V Quick Results (01:59:45)
We run down the quick results for the 12/95 WWF IYH PPV, which you can listen to in full as part of our Watch-Along Series over at https://www.patreon.com/wrestlecopia . You can Subscribe to Patreon and our All-Access for only $5! Cancel at any time. New shows are added weekly, including all PPVs from the Monday Night War era. They make great complimentary pieces to this Podcast! Subscribe today and follow along on the ride.
WWF Monday Night Raw 12/18/95 (02:06:20)
- Fatu tries to ‘Make a Difference’ as he takes on the returning “Double J” Jeff Jarrett
- Ahmed Johnson goes Double J hunting after their altercation at IYH
- Interim President Gorilla Monsoon talks the Royal Rumble
- Goldust wants to OOZE together with Razor Ramon, and the Bad Guy has a response
- “The Nature Boy” Buddy Landel battles Bob Holly, start your engines.
- Ted DiBiase joins the Brother Love Show to talk Xanta Klaus… from the South Pole
- THE RAW BOWL IS COMING IN 1996!!!
- Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon defends against Yokozuna in a “dream match” of sorts
- Plus, we discuss in depth the epic “Tell Me A Lie” Music Video that teases the potential retirement of Shawn Michaels. Ray remembers it well, Steve blocked it out. You can make up your own mind as to who was the luckier of the two.
All of that, plus WCW sets a new record high rating for Nitro and we discuss a whole lot more in between!