022 - Building Real Relationships - Networking with Paul Hatch
Manage episode 151200401 series 1019876
"Every opportunity has its root in a relationship."
We live in an era of unprecedented social reach. It has become exponentially easier to reach your audience. Yet, ironically, the nature of our relationships remains unchanged. We require the cooperation of others to achieve our goals, making ones ability to build relationships of trust paramount. You may have thousands of social media followers. How many of them would pick up the phone if you called?
My guest this week is Corporate Alliance owner, Paul Hatch. Paul believes that every opportunity has its root in a relationship. Money comes and goes. Opportunities come and go. But real relationships can be lasting. In this episode, we explore strategies to create and leverage powerful relationships that are built with trust, respect, and mutual opportunity.
In this episode we talk about:
- Relationship Arrogance - The challenge of forecasting returns on relationships.
- 3 Components of powerful relationships (trust, respect, and understanding).
- 3 Strategies to build better relationships:
- Be self-revealing
- Learn by asking questions
- Seeking Advice and the power of the Mastermind
- Why being vulnerable can help you build better relationships.
- Win-win relationships vs Gladiators - Balancing consideration and courage.
"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you." -Dale Carnegie