Manage episode 363720527 series 1394353
On today’s episode, Clay Finck brings back Tavi Costa to chat about the beginning of a commodity supercycle. Tavi gives a masterclass in why we are just in the beginning phases of a bull market for gold, silver, and hard assets like commodities.
Tavi is a partner and portfolio manager at Crescat Capital. His research has been featured in financial publications such as Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, among others.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro.
03:31 - Why Tavi believes we’re just at the beginning phases of a bull market for gold, silver, and hard assets like commodities.
09:47- When the next wave of inflation may strike.
21:21 - What the 4 pillars of inflation are, and why they all point to structurally higher inflation going forward.
21:44 - Why the S&P 500’s earnings are likely to roll over and decline in the near term.
37:40 - Why yield curve inversions are bullish for gold relative to equities.
51:09 - Why foreign countries are selling US treasuries to buy gold.
83:19 - Where Tavi sees asymmetric opportunities in the gold mining industry.
83:27 - Why Tavi is bullish on Brazil and sees Brazil much differently than the other BRICS nations.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Check out Crescat Capital.
- Check out our newly released TIP Mastermind Community.
- Check out our recent episode covering the 2023 Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Meeting or watch the video here.
- Follow Tavi on Twitter.
- Follow Clay on Twitter.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Invest in Bitcoin with confidence on River. It's the most secure way to buy Bitcoin with 100% full reserve custody and zero fees on recurring orders.
- Join over 5k investors in the data security revolution with Atakama.
- Easily diversify beyond stocks and bonds, and build wealth through streamlined CRE investing with EquityMultiple.
- Make connections, gain knowledge, and uplift your governance CV by becoming a member of the AICD today.
- What does happen when money and big feelings mix? Tune in to find out on the new podcast, Open Money, presented by Servus Credit Union.
- Apply for the Employee Retention Credit easily, no matter how busy you are, with Innovation Refunds.
- Invest your retirement savings in what YOU know and are passionate about with a Self-Directed IRA with New Direction Trust Company.
- Enjoy flexibility and support with free cancellation, payment options, and 24/7 service when booking travel experiences with Viator. Download the Viator app NOW and use code VIATOR10 for 10% off your first booking.
- Send, spend, and receive money around the world easily with Wise.
- Beat FOMO and move faster than the market with AlphaSense.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!