TIP518: The "Buy" List for 2023 w/ Eddy Elfenbein
Manage episode 353622685 series 1394353
Trey chats with Eddy Elfenbein, a portfolio manager and editor of the blog Crossing Wall Street. They discussed his Buy List for 2022 and reviewed his list for 2023. Eddy's 'Buy List' has beaten the S&P 500 by 102% over the last 17 years.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:08 - How the 2022 list performed during one of the worst stock market years on record.
06:12 - Which five stocks Eddy swapped out for 2023 and why.
20:58 - Which stock performance surprised Eddy the most.
39:07 - An overview of the 2023 list and which stocks the TIP finance tool considers to be the most undervalued.
47:39 - Eddy’s thoughts on the markets.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- The Buy List for 2023.
- Crossing Wall Street Blog.
- Eddy Elfenbein's Twitter.
- ETF (Ticker: CWS) information.
- Trey Lockerbie's Twitter.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get position and investment info for nearly 6,000 Asset Management Companies with Moomoo, Australia’s first A.I. powered trading platform. Sign up and fund your moomoo account before October 31 and get $10 for every $100 you deposit. All investment carries risk. AFSL 224 663. T&Cs apply.
- Get personalized, expert advice that helps you see things clearly with ATB.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- Guess less and sell more with the Number 1 email marketing and automation brand, Intuit Mailchimp.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- If you’re aware you need to improve your bitcoin security but have been putting it off, Unchained Capital‘s Concierge Onboarding is a simple way to get started—sooner rather than later. Book your onboarding today and at checkout, get $50 off with the promo code FUNDAMENTALS.
- Get insider access to the people and ideas at the edge of innovation with the chart-topping podcast from venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, The a16z Podcast.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!