Manage episode 332518915 series 2512880
Shawn Vo is chief technology officer and co-founder of Axle, a payments automation and financing platform for freight and logistics. A graduate of the University of Virginia, Shawn spent seven years in financial technology, building software for fast-growing startups and consulting for the top 20 largest banks before starting Axle with his longtime business partner and friend, Bharath Krishnamoorthy. As CTO, Shawn leads Axle’s technology strategy, product development, data operations, and development of a technical framework to support the company’s rapid growth. His expertise and innovation have helped bring new levels of automation and modernization to a historically pen-and-paper industry. Shawn runs an ever-expanding group of engineers tasked with building new products at pace while fostering a culture of tenacity and transparency. Shawn is an angel investor in fintech and developer tools. He holds certifications for machine learning from the University of Washington and advanced cybersecurity from Stanford.About Axle
Axle is a financial enablement platform that specializes in freight broker end-to-end automation and intelligent back-office tools that is rapidly disrupting the $2 trillion logistics sector. Its proprietary technology allows freight brokers to simplify their financing operations and easily access the working capital they need to grow in a competitive market. Axle automates invoicing, collections, and payments - ultimately reducing daily freight broker tasks by 75%. A remote-first company, Axle has been named a Best Place To Work by Built In.Key Takeaways: The Axle Payments Story
- Shawn Vo is the Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder of Axle, a payments automation and financing platform for freight and logistics.
- In the podcast interview, Joe and Shawn discuss Shawn’s personal and professional journey including the founding of Axle Payments.
- Axle’s proprietary technology allows freight brokers to simplify their financing operations and easily access the working capital they need to grow.
- Axle automates invoicing, collections, and payments – ultimately delivering a better customer experience.
- The most asked questions in the freight business are “where is my stuff” and “where is my money.” The visibility folks can answer the first question and Axle can help you with the money question.
- Shawn and the Axle team help brokers and carriers understand exactly where their money is – they are where freight-tech meets fin-tech.
- The Axle team are experts in logistics, finance, and tech.
- Axle is the all-in-one financial platform for freight brokers. Hundreds of freight brokers trust Axle to manage their working capital, carrier payments, and back office processes.