A Conversation with NY Times Your Money Columnist Ron Lieber about Money and Kids
Manage episode 357837513 series 3456626
Ron Lieber will share important lessons for parents about using money as a tool to teach your children values and hacks to pay for college.
Ron Lieber is the author of The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who Are Grounded, Generous, and Smart About Money, which was an instant New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller. “The Price You Pay for College: An Entirely New Roadmap for the Biggest Financial Decision Your Family Will Ever Make,” was published by HarperCollins in January, 2021. Ron has been the “Your Money” columnist for The New York Times since 2008.
- 0:00-0:58 Introduction
- 0:59-10:00 About Ron Lieber’s books: “The Opposite Of Spoiled” and “The Price You Pay For College”
- 10:01-17:33 Ron’s research process when writing both books
- 17:34-31:06 Lessons people can take away from his book “The Price You Pay For College”
- 31:07-39:24 Some of Ron’s favorite stories from his book “The Opposite Of Spoiled” and the lessons they create
- 39:28-47:54 Ron’s involvement with the film “She Said”
- 47:54-48:47 Conclusion
Related Resources and Articles
- Learn more about and purchase The Opposite of Spoiled and The Price You Pay for College: https://www.modernhusbands.com/post/45-notable-books-about-managing-money-the-home-yourself-and-your-marriage#viewer-1hu8v
- Online Courses: https://moneymarriageu.thinkific.com/
- She Said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5pxUQecM3Y
Subscribe or follow Modern Husbands on social media!