Manage episode 341005737 series 2539397
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 01:47 - What the differences between a Roth and Traditional IRA are.
- 04:40 - How to decide which account to contribute to each year.
- 09:23 - Which types of securities you should hold in each account.
- 24:45 - When a Millennial may want to consider buying life insurance.
- 28:01 - What the different types of life insurance are.
- 37:45 - How to decide whether to go with a term or whole life insurance policy.
- 40:22 - How life insurance can be used as an investment and when you should consider this.
- 42:48 - What kind of returns you can expect from using life insurance as an investment.
- 44:10 - How to use life insurance to borrow against it and when this makes sense.
- 47:07 - How much life insurance should you buy?
- 49:46 - Should you open a joint/custodial taxable investment account for your kids?
- And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Check out Money Crashers.
- How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?.
- Life Insurance for Millennials – Do You Need to Get It and How Much?.
- Backdoor Roth IRA – Definition & How to Make These Contributions.
- Related Episode: Take Control of Your Financial Future w/ Brennan Schlagbaum – MI092.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Get up to 3% Daily Cash back on everything you buy with Apple Card. Subject to credit approval. Daily cash is available via an Apple Cash card or as a statement credit. See Apple Card customer agreement for terms and conditions. Apple Cash card is issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Variable APRs range from 13.24% to 24.24% based on creditworthiness. Rates as of August 1, 2022.
- Invest in high quality, cash flowing real estate without all of the hassle with Passive Investing.
- Private assets represent 98% of companies in North America but are absent in most portfolios. Reconstruct your portfolio with private markets with Mackenzie Investments.
- Confidently take control of your online world without worrying about viruses, phishing attacks, ransomware, hacking attempts, and other cybercrimes with Avast One.
- Make backing up and accessing your data astonishingly easy with Backblaze. Sign up for a free trial today.
- Push your team to do their best work with Monday.com Work OS. Start your free two-week trial today.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.