Manage episode 302787444 series 2854361
In this episode of Mentally Unscripted, Paul and Scott welcome Robert and Wiz back to the show. This time, they take on the growing problem of poor leadership.
- Transcript of Pelosi Interview on CNN’s The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
- Nancy Pelosi Blows Up at Wolf Blitzer Over Stimulus: You’re a Republican ‘Apologist’
- Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections
- Comparing Natural and Vaccine Immunity
- The Freedom Cell Network
- RNC says it plans to sue Biden administration over federal vaccination mandate
- Leadership and management are different. Leadership is the ability to inspire people to achieve a common goal. Management is the allocation of resources to achieve a goal. One problem with leadership is thinking management and leadership are the same.
- Leadership requires more than technical expertise at a job. It requires trust, accountability, a definable goal, and a long-term focus for the success of the organization and its employees or members.
- People don’t want to step up and be a leader because the risk of failure is too high. A lack of community could be at the root of this failure.
[01:40] What is leadership?
[10:41] Leadership requires accountability. Leaders focus on the long-term while managers are more short-term focused.
[13:09] Technical expertise at a position doesn’t make someone a good leader.
[15:10] Is offering 2 career tracks the answer to the problem of technical expertise not equaling leadership skill.
[17:19] Is there a lack of leadership in the world? Is the response to COVID-19 and the botched Afghanistan withdrawal two examples?
[25:42] Is Biden’s vaccine mandate an example of good leadership?
[33:00] A lack of trust can destroy a leader.
[33:51] Are these isolated incidents or part of a larger picture of widespread leadership failures? Is the failure in leadership a result of an incentive structure that doesn’t reward leadership? How much does the lack of community contribute?
[43:27] Where is the solution to our poor leadership going to come from?
[47:29] A leader must be able to articulate a goal before people will be inspired to act.
[52:18] It’s hard to lead people who you have contempt for.
Follow Scott at Strength and Reason.
Subscribe at www.mentallyunscripted.com