Welcome To Season 3: Celebrating Singers Who Teach
Manage episode 358148866 series 2794438
This season, the Living a Vocal Life podcast offers a special edition of interviews with successful vocalists who have turned to teaching the next generation of singers. In today's episode, host Valerie Day, an accomplished singer and voice teacher, talks passionately about how underrated and essential teaching is and how it goes beyond just knowing how to sing or play an instrument. Valerie highlights the multifaceted skills involved in teaching, such as communicating concepts, understanding a student's learning style, asking effective questions, and nurturing artistic expression. She also offers a sneak peek into her upcoming episode on motherhood and creativity, where she interviews singers who have successfully balanced their singing career and raising children. Valerie has also launched a new website to share her wealth of knowledge and experience, starting with the free course called Becoming a Singer.
- The undervalued importance of teaching and its multifaceted skills
- Valerie's journey to becoming a voice teacher
- The value of effective communication and deep listening in teaching voice
- Motherhood and creativity in the context of a singing career
- Valerie's Free course, Becoming a Singer
- N'Kenge, a versatile vocalist, as Valerie's next guest
Online Course Becoming A Singer: Setting The Stage To Live A Vocal Life
For full show notes, transcriptions of this episode, and more offerings for singers, you can visit my website HERE.
Please join me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Never miss an episode! Sign up for Vocal Notes — my once-a-month newsletter for singers.
Support the show