Episode 596 - Hummingbirds - Singers' First Films - "Down" Words - Southernmost Points - Approbation
Manage episode 342599161 series 3394361
Welcome to the Instant Trivia podcast episode 596, where we ask the best trivia on the Internet.
Round 1. Category: Hummingbirds
- 1: The largest hummingbird is the 8 1/2-inch Patagona gigas, native to this mountain range.
- the Andes.
- 2: Of 50, 100 or 200, the number of wingbeats per second for the smallest hummingbirds during courtship.
- 3: Although it's true that hummingbirds prefer flowers of this color, the shape of the flower is equally important.
- 4: When migrating, the ruby-throated hummingbird flies more than 500 miles nonstop over this body of water to reach the Yucatan.
- the Gulf of Mexico.
- 5: Part of a male's courtship is this maneuver in which he reaches 50 mph and experiences 9G forces when pulling out of it.
- a mating dive.
Round 2. Category: Singers' First Films
- 1: "Lady Sings The Blues".
- Diana Ross.
- 2: "The Bodyguard".
- Whitney Houston.
- 3: "9 To 5".
- Dolly Parton.
- 4: "Oh, God!".
- John Denver.
- 5: "The Electric Horseman".
- Willie Nelson.
Round 3. Category: "Down" Words
- 1: Othello's was jealousy.
- his fatal downfall.
- 2: According to Petula Clark, "The lights are much brighter there".
- 3: Word describing a period when computers can't compute.
- 4: On a PBS series, Hudson, Rose and Mrs. Bridges resided there.
- 5: Description of someone who is practical.
Round 4. Category: Southernmost Points
- 1: Willem Schouten was the first to sail around this cape, South America's southernmost point.
- Cape Horn.
- 2: Cape Tainaron on the Peloponnesus is the southernmost mainland point of this country.
- 3: Mexico's southernmost point lies on its Pacific coast border with this country.
- 4: Asia's southernmost mainland point, Cape Piai, lies in this country just north of Singapore.
- 5: Cape Sarych, Ukraine's southernmost point, lies on this peninsula that juts into the Black Sea.
- the Crimean Peninsula.
Round 5. Category: Approbation
- 1: In 1982 Lenny Skutnick rescued a passenger on a crashed 737 from this D.C. river.
- 2: Fittingly, CNN broke the news in 1997 when this man decided to give $1 billion to the U.N..
- Ted Turner.
- 3: Jody Williams won a 1997 Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts to ban these weapons.
- land mines.
- 4: In 1997, 5 decades late, 7 black soldiers received this highest award for bravery during WWII.
- the Congressional Medal of Honor.
- 5: Japanese consul Chiune Sugihara, who saved hundreds of Jews in WWII, bears the title "Righteous" this.
Thanks for listening! Come back tomorrow for more exciting trivia!
Special thanks to https://blog.feedspot.com/trivia_podcasts/