Manage episode 274020142 series 2803068
Dr. Marnie Norfolk is a leading Australian osteopath and educator, with post-graduate training in paediatric manual therapy and a busy Melbourne practice. Today she shares her journey into osteopathy, and based on her years of clinical experience, has some great advice for practitioners working with paediatric patients.
In this episode, Marnie Norfolk and I explore working in the field of paediatric osteopathy, and discuss;
- How Marnie developed an interest in paediatrics, the importance of mentors, observations, co-treatment and further education.
- References and suggestions for further education in the paediatric field.
- Creating a family-friendly and safe clinic environment.
- Building networks, relationships and referrals.
- Some tips on how to manage language/communication barriers when taking a case history.
- The importance of your clinical examination in cases of limited patient communication.
- How to approach a challenging conversation with parents.
- Describing osteopathic treatment approaches to patients/parents.
- Predicting and describing post-treatment reactions in babies.
- Marnie discusses a challenging case presentation.
Thank you Marnie for sharing your expertise with the osteopathic community. Marnie has recently opened her new clinic Your Body Osteopathy in Macleod, Melbourne.
Thank you to today’s sponsor, Therapeutic Pillows Australia. An Australian owned family company
producing Australia’s leading range of pillows, supports and comfort products. Their products are designed in collaboration with Australian health care practitioners and are available exclusively through health professionals nation wide. Help support a local Australian company that supports us and our profession, check them out at pillows.com.au
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.