Manage episode 329929571 series 2135834
We have a laugh at Spotify, then check out a minimum viable project for the new Jupiter Broadcasting website.
Special Guest: Stefan Schulte-Ortbeck.
- Send us a Boost w/a new Podcast App: Send a boost into the show, try out a new app, and help keep podcasting independent.
- Join the Party! The Jupiter Membership Party: Join the party and get exclusive content.
- London Meetup PROVISIONAL, Sat, Aug 6, 2022 — No venue confirmed atm, this event is currently 100% provisional. Location most likely in London area - probably central and probably outdoors for obvious reasons. If you're interested in attending please indicate by RSVPing yes to this event.
- Spotify error puts ads for booze on podcasts — Spotify added advertising banners to many podcasts on Saturday for Wild Turkey, a bourbon whiskey. The ad, which on some platforms included an “order now” button for the liqour, was even placed on a podcast for recovering alcoholics.
- YouTube Reach Whitepaper - Podtrac — In this analysis, we’ll provide a complete audience view across all sources of podcast traffic for a sample of weekly Audio + Video Podcasts that post audio via RSS and video to YouTube.
- Conan O’Brien’s Podcast Company Sells to SiriusXM in Deal Valued Around $150 Million — The US’s largest podcast publisher SiriusXM has acquired podcast producer Team Coco, and its podcast Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend. Conan has entered into a five year talent agreement with the company. The Wall Street Journal reports the deal is valued at $150m.
- OpenSats — Support contributors to Bitcoin and other free and open source projects.
- What about Castopod
- Stefan’s Hugo MVP - implementation details
- Stefan's Hugo MVP
- Jupiter Broadcasting Website GitHub Discussion
- New Podcast Apps.com
- Office Hours on Podverse