Manage episode 326530451 series 2135834
We've hit a bump in the road with the NixOS challenge, and share what it might not be great at. Plus, what we didn't cover in our Ubuntu 22.04 review.
The one where we don't talk about Ubuntu 22.04 at all.
Open a channel to our Lightning Node: 037d284d2d7e6cec7623adbe600450a73b42fb90800989f05a862464b05408df39
Special Guests: Alex Kretzschmar and Martin Wimpress.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Dark Style Changes — Now in GNOME 42, it is officially supported, expanding on a concept from elementary OS 6 7. A toggle switch in the new Appearance panel in the core Settings app enables and disables the feature. A lot of work was done in GNOME apps to fix visual dark style bugs. A new transition effect was added (also inspired by elementary) to more elegantly crossfade when the style is switched.
- Dark Style Preference · Wiki · GNOME / Initiatives · GitLab
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Eyes More Industrial Usage By Offering Up Real-Time Kernel Beta — Currently in beta with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is the linux-realtime kernel
- unsnap: Quickly migrate from using snap packages to flatpaks
- deb-get — apt-get functionality for .debs published in 3rd party repositories or via direct download
- Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS Release Notes — Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS is the culmination of 2 years of continual improvement 😅 to Ubuntu and MATE Desktop. As is tradition, the LTS development cycle has a keen focus on eliminating paper 🧻 cuts 🔪
- Linux Downtime – Episode 45 — Joe and Adam are joined by Martin Wimpress to talk about what goes into running a distro like Ubuntu Mate.
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Disables 3D Acceleration For Guest VMs With GNOME Boxes / Virt-Manager — In addition to Ubuntu 22.04 switching back NVIDIA to using X11 by default rather than Wayland as a launch-day change, separately, there was another rather notable last minute change affecting 3D support for virtual machines...
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Changes Default For NVIDIA Driver Back To Using X.Org Rather Than Wayland - Phoronix
- docker snap unconditionally uses xtables — Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is defaulting to using the GNOME X.Org session rather than Wayland when running the proprietary NVIDIA driver.
- GNU’s advanced distro and transactional package manager
- 10 years of stories behind Guix
- clj-nix: Nix helpers for Clojure projects
- poetry2nix: Convert poetry projects to nix automagically
- home-manager: Manage a user environment using Nix
- Home Manager - NixOS Wiki
- Tutorial: Getting started with Home Manager for Nix
- hercules-ci/arion: Run docker-compose with help from Nix/NixOS
- NixOS Wiki - Raspberry Pi 4
- NixOS aarm64 SD image
- NixOS Challenge - Jupiter Broadcasting GitHub
- Should we use NixOS as our Cloud and Local Server OS? | StrawPoll.com
- nixpkgs/make-snap.nix at master
- Picture of Welder
- GitHub - quickemu-project/quickemu: Quickly create and run optimised Windows, macOS and Linux desktop virtual machines.
- Miniflux - Minimalist and Opinionated Feed Reader
- Breez wallet - Lightning Fast Bitcoin Payments
- breez/breezmobile: Lightning Network mobile client
- 037d284d2d7e6cec7623 - Amboss Space
- pimox7: Proxmox V7 for Raspberry Pi — Pimox is a port of Proxmox to the Raspberry Pi allowing you to build a Proxmox cluster of Rapberry Pi's or even a hybrid cluster of Pis and x86 hardware.
- Wimpy’s World