Anna Little - Northern SUP Racing, Fanatic Team Rider, Cheerleading Others + Wetsuits at the School Gates
Manage episode 324451473 series 3334817
I am so thrilled to welcome Anna Little to The Joy of SUP Podcast today. I discovered Anna on Instagram and her energy for SUP shone through.
Anna is 47 years old, from Wylam, Northumberland. She used to be a PE teacher, but when she had her1st son 13 years ago, she gave up work and retrained as a biomechanics coach & personal trainer. She now runs her own business, enabling her to work around her 3 children.
She has always loved sports and being active. However, it has only been during these last few years that she realised how well her body responds to training and how much fun, challenging and rewarding SUP Racing is.
She set up and helps run Northern SUP Race team in Northumberland. She is also a sponsored team rider for Fanatic.
Anna feels that paddle boarding is free medicine to her. She loves training on the water and loves being with likeminded friends. She loves seeing other people achieve and learn to paddle and get better and better. She loves seeing the otters and the seals and many birds fly by.
Anna’s says 'there is something special about gliding along on top of the water, a connection with the water that you feel & experience that always ignites a spark inside me.'
We talk about:
- Anna's first SUP Bike Run competition where she was singing on the water
- Being a Team Rider for Fanatic
- Having an active family life + raising her sons to be active
- Pulling a tennis ball behind her board when training
- Founding the Northern SUP Race team and goals for members
- How you can get into SUP racing
- How welcoming the SUP community is
- The friendships which keep her going and the idea of 'we rise by lifting others' - the motto of the podcast!
- Her training + biomechanics business
- Paddling to Newcastle the first time she went on a board!
- Arriving at the school gates in her wetsuit!
- Anna also talks about Sarah Thornely - a Season 1 guest
For Northern SUP Race Training
Facebook: Northern SUP Race Club
Instagram: Northern SUP Race Club
For GB SUP Events
GB SUP: https://gbsup.co.uk/
I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I do! Anna exudes the joy of movement and supporting others!
If you have any questions, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instagram is @thejoyofsuppodcast_
Follow #thejoyofsuppodcast on Twitter and Instagram
Facebook The Joy of SUP Podcast
It would be fantastic if you could also rate and review us on Apple as it will help more people find our paddleboarding SUP sunshine! You can also follow so you never miss an episode!
Wishing you sunshine and joy, thank you for listening, Jo x
Please always put safety first + get the right advice for your training + body. Episode recorded January 2021.